Thursday, June 19, 2008

Birthdays and Father's Days...

I was going to try and be better about posting but I haven't been. I'm still busy enjoying my new job. I am in week 2 and have a drive I was missing in my last department. That happens after 6 years though. This past weekend, we went to my Dad's house to celebrate Father's Day and my birthday, a little early.

I saw this cute cake at Publix and had to pick it up.


I also got a yummy cake to celebrate my 29th birthday. My real birthday was Tuesday, June 17.



Here's a quick picture of Evan this afternoon, complete with busted lip, from running into the wall yesterday. Oh, to be 18 months!




and to be king of the world...

So back to the job, I absolutely love it. I feel overwhelmed at times but I am learning a lot. I have joked a lot lately that it has taken me most of my 29 years to become a girly girl. Chris can vouch for the fact that I have been dressing up, wearing makeup, and have a ton of new shoes and purses. I think her words today were something along the lines of, "You've become a shoe whore." Love ya, Chris!

Anyways, thanks for the birthday wishes. I am going to make 29 a good year since it will be the last of my 20's. Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Glad your new job is going well. Happy Birthday again!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous you are still in your 20's!! hold onto it, girl! :)

I am so happy you love the new job. work it! own it! get even more shoes and purses, i say!! :)

Happpy Birthday to you. and a very Happy Father's Day to yo' man. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh to be 29 again!!!! Thats the way that I feel. I am glad that you are enjoying your new job. Some of us girls just have to grow into our pink I say, trust me I know....I was one of them too! Happy Birthday Tara!!!

Katy S. said...

Love the cakes girl!! Hope you had a great one. Put up some pictures up of you so I can see the girly girl you are turning into!!

Chris said...

Your dad's cake was very cute! I'm rolling that you told everyone I said you were a shoe whore. LOL...but it's true! I can't wait to have this baby so I can buy a pair of shoes again! I'm so glad you are loving the new job. It's a great way to start 29 too...new job, new wardrobe, new shoes...tee,hee! I agree with katy you need to have Mike take a pic of you one morning on the way out the door to work and post it.
Next time we do lunch I owe you a birthday treat. :)

Bethany said...

Love the Cheese cake...ha ha ha!!! And Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope it was great for you!!! Evan is still cuter than ever. Isn't that the best age. Olivia was 19 months when Zachary was born, and I just remember not wanting her to grow up at all. She was so sweet and innocent...and then she turned 2 and half... J/K!!!

Andrea said...

That is a pretty cool cake! I'm not too far behind you on turning 29...but hey, women stop aging this year, right? RIGHT????

Caron said...

Happy belated birthday! The cakes look adorable... and so does Mr. Evan!!

The Partins said...

SO I'm very delayed, but Happy Birthday! LOVE The "cheese" cake!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! (LATE) Hold onto those 20's!!!! I love that Father's Day cake that you got. Hope you guys had a great weekend.