Tuesday, June 10, 2008

One Hot Weekend

Hi Blogger Friends and everyone else that reads this thing. How was your weekend? Ours was hotter than hot. Friday evening, we went to Folks and met up with Andy, Brandi, Ethan, and Brandon for dinner. Folks had no working A/C so it made for a long sticky dinner.

Lately, I am the queen of the camera phone. I either forget the camera or bring a camera with dead batteries. Here's Ethan and Evan sitting on the bench outside.




On Saturday, we went to the zoo for the hospital's volunteer picnic. My friend Jessa and her daughter, Aleina, went with us. We got there at 9:30 AM and stayed until right around noon. Jessa and I earned our Mommy awards for pushing those strollers around the zoo in 90+ degree heat. I came home and slept 3 hours.



Trying to stay cool



This bus was the favorite for Evan and Aleina. This was the last thing we did before we left the zoo but it wore Evan out.


Have a great week!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Love the bus pictures. I don't think I could do the zoo in that heat.

Anonymous said...

God Bless you!!! I can't even imagine. We had 2 outside birthday parties and I was miserable......can't imagine pushing a stroller through the zoo!

Chris said...

I forgot to ask you about the zoo this week. Glad I decided to skip that this year. JUST NOT GONNA HAPPEN now...too hot!

Cute pics!

The Partins said...

WOw...when we did the zoo, it was nice and cool and the stroller was still no fun. I don't blame you and the 3 hour nap!!! Glad you had fun though!

Anonymous said...

girl, i missed your blog for some reason!! i am always stalking evan so i don;t know why it has taken me till friday to get here!!
anyways, love the pics! good times!

Have a great weekend, g-friend. :)

Andrea said...

Ugh, its another hot one! I for one think y'all deserve a medal for eating at a sit down restaurant with no A/C!