Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hope for Haiti & the weekend

Friday evening, Mike and I attened the Hope for Haiti Gala at the Gwinnett Marriott. It was a great event hosted by our old church, St. Monica's. Mike still helps out with the medical mission to Haiti so we paid our good money and went to party.

Before we left Evan at Lola's house, we dressed him up in his tux and took a few family pictures. They weren't as good as I planned but we are going to try again at Target later this week or next.

The best picture we took


Next best because everyone was really happy and giggly



Me and my "getting impatient" little man.

I decided to try out my new digital imaging software that we won at the Gala from the silent auction, that's why this pic is black and white. We got a ton of stuff from the silent auction and all the money went back to the mission and people in Haiti. I almost didn't get the software though because someone at the Gala cheated after the silent auction was closed and put a higher bid under my winning bid. I had to tattle and pay more but I got it. You wouldn't expect cheating from the church secretary, would you?




Fr. Bourdeau (Priest from Hinche, Haiti) and Mike



Mike and Mike



Ellen, Mike, and Barbara (Mom's coworkers)

And then Sunday, we went to watch the race at Dad's house and visit.


Time for food. Mike and I both make faces when feeding Evan. You just can't help yourself.




Philosophical Jerry


and Evan saying, "Have a great week!"




9 comments:

Andrea said...

Whoa! Your church secretary cheated for charity? Dang that girl needs to get to confession ASAP! And why did you end up having to pay more for it when she is the one who cheated?

Love the pics of your family all dressed up! Evan is such a cutie whether it be in a tux or a onesie!

Tara said...

I had to pay more because we had to be the last bid on the last line and since the people that collect the bid sheets didn't make it around yet, her bid was the last one. I was just told to put a higher bid on the last line. It works out since it was for charity but still burns me a little. I'm glad I don't have to see that secretary lady again, any time soon.

Anonymous said...

Tara- you look gorgeous in the pictures! those are some great family shots you got. glad you guys had a fun weekend!

Chris said...

Tara those pics are great. You look beautiful...love what your wearing. Evan has a tux?? LOVE IT! What a dapper young man! I love his teeth in that last pic too.
Sorry that you had a bad experience at the auction but I'm glad you won the software in the end. Have a great week.

Melanie said...

Evan has a tux?!?! What a stylin' little man he is! The family pictures are great Tara. Little Evan is adorable is always and I still can't believe how big he is getting. Seems like yesterday I was looking at posts of the nursery!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys look great! Evan looks like such a little man in his tux. I second Andrea...she needs to get to confession. Can you believe some people!!!

Tara said...

Thank you all for the compliments! You're too kind.

The tux was actually bought back in 2004 for my wedding. Cole was supposed to wear it but it was too small. Christina gave it back to us and it fits Evan perfectly right now, not much longer though.

Heather said...

I was wondering if that Tux had been Cole's. I didn't remember it, but who knows! The family pictures are great. Are you having family shots done at Target or just of Evan? I am glad Mike's still working with the Haiti group, that's such an amazing ministry.

Tara said...

Heather - we are having family shots at Target on Thursday afternoon and then some of Evan alone. We will probably wear the same outfits since the colors work well together.