Sunday, October 07, 2007

Week in review

We've been home since Tuesday evening and we are still recovering. Evan has been sleeping better since we've been home but he is having teething issues so our schedule isn't perfect. I've been tired and lazy so therefore, I haven't posted. Here are some pics from our trip and this weekend.



"Rain, rain, go away...."
It rained 3 out of the 4 days we were in Minneapolis. It didn't make going places much fun. We did manage to see the Mississippi River and the Mall of America though. Sorry, I didn't take more pictures. I guess after going for 5 years, it all seems the same to me.


Here's Evan holding the room key hostage while he enjoys the bed. He thought the bed was much better than the hotel crib.



In the shuttle from the airport to the car. He was so excited to be back in Georgia and going home, just like his Mom and Dad were.



Saturday, Mom, Evan, and I walked in the Step Out to Fight Diabetes Walk at Grant Park. It was hot! Here's a pic of Evan and his Lola just before the start.



Today, at my dad's house. Evan wore his new shirt that Grandpa had made for him with the company logo (Hart Fence) and took a nap on the armchair. Thanks Grandpa!



and I leave you with Evan and PJ before bed. Lola put PJ together from a kit I bought, but I'm not skilled enough to make it look this good. I wanted Evan to have a sock monkey though and now he has one. Thanks Lola!

I hope you have had a good weekend and I will try to post more soon.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last picture is just perfection. You really take great pictures, Tara. Sorry about the rain. I have heard that the Mall of America is really cool. doesn't it have a roller coaster inside of it? maybe i'm thinking of something else....

anyways, we never heard evan's squeels at church. the only ones i heard were the girl next to us who would not be quiet. paul and i were pretty zoned out yesterday! wish we could have chatted! maybe next time. have a great week, Tara!

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of him standing in the window. I have always wanted to go to the Mall of America. Maybe one day.

Katie-I think you are right about the roller coaster.

Tara said...

Katie - it's 4 levels and has a huge amusement park in the middle. Someone told us that they were going to make it bigger too. There was more than one roller coaster too. It's definitely different.

Melanie said...

I totally want to go to the Mall of America! Great pics of Evan as usual. He really is a sweeheart. I love the one with him and his monkey!

Andrea said...

Love that sock monkey-so cute! *Sounding like a broken record here* Tara, once again, amazed at your photography skills and Evan gets cuter and cuter every day.

Chris said...

Glad you had a great trip and still made the walk. You've been very busy!
I love all the pics you took and your mom did a fab job on PJ.

Very sweet!

Heather said...

So many cute pics. I especially enjoy the one of him grinning his head off about having the room key!

Anonymous said...

Evan is sooooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing your blog with me, I love it! Glad to see you are doing so good and look forward to more blogs! :)

Bethany said...

I love the first and last picture. Those are adorable. Glad you all had a nice trip. Hope the teething is going better!!! Gosh I'm glad we're past that - for now!! ;o)