Sunday, October 14, 2007

Light the Night 2007

This weekend was the big Light the Night Walk to fight blood cancers. Thanks to you, I helped raise over $500 (through t-shirts at work and donations) and the Northside team raised over $15,000! It was by far one of the most fun and memorable walks I have ever taken part in.

Here's Evan in his warm weather clothes just after we arrived at Centennial Olympic Park. Those bracelets on his chubby thighs are glow bracelets.


I loved this picture and the next so much that I couldn't decide which one to post, so you get to see both. This was a true family event and Lola came along too!




Evan took part in all of the festivites; dancing and eating peanut butter crackers (I didn't even think not to give him PB until after he was chowing down. He seems to be fine though, no allergy problems here).



I'm pointing at the camera so Evan would look. I don't put that many pics of myself on here so I threw another one in.


Getting his fiber - eating the grass


and when we turned Evan loose, he found a new friend, this funky mutt in the sweater. He laughed at this dog so much


and gave him some love

Video from the start of the walk. The pictures didn't turn out at all. Everyone had a flickering balloon, red for supporters, white for survivors, and gold for the people that lost their battle with cancer.

On Sunday, I was a slacker. I forgot the camera when we went to Andy and Brandi's Baby Shower/Party. They are due to have their second baby boy in about 6 weeks so we gave them a few necessites. Evan had a great time playing with some cute little girls and I had no camera.

After we came home, Mike and I (but mostly Mike) cleaned up the yard at the house. Evan slept most of the time. When he woke up, he came outside. I had to make a play pen in a hurry so here you have my invention. Who says you can only use baby pools for swimming?


We hope you all had a fantastic weekend and thank you to everyone who supported me on my walk! Maybe next year, some of you can join me!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Those balloons are so pretty. Nice job on the t-shirts too. As long as it isn't my mom's birthday and Georgia doesn't have a home game...I'll be there next year ; )

Angela said...

That was very pretty. Atleast the weather was nice. Great job and cause. Evan looks like he was set to play in the pool.

Anonymous said...

Great weather for a walk, fo' sure! Great family shot of the 3 of you. I need to get The Sausage a sweater like that dog had on. I bet he would look fierce. :)

Have a great week, Tara!

Anonymous said...

I have done that walk before, a few years ago. I love the pic of Evan walking and the one of you and him under it. Great pics Tara! What a great way to spend the day.

Heather said...

Great pictures. As much as I love Evan pictures, it was nice to see you and Mike. Those are good pictures.

I'm also really happy you earned so much money, that looks like a really great walk.

Great move with the pool, very creative.