Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Making Cookies

I helped throw a bridal shower today at work so my job was baking on Tuesday evening. Mike and I baked three kinds of cookies and gooey butter toffee cake. You have to make the toffee cake! Evan, of course, helped.



(The horrible pics I put up of myself for the sake of Evan)



and tonight, enjoying a non-baking evening

We haven't had much to post lately, as you can tell from my absence. I should have some new material next week as Little Derrick turns 1 tomorrow and has his party on Saturday. He also gets baptised on Sunday. Have a great weekend!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the first photo!!! He looks like he can not wait to get his hands on a few of the cookies. You may have a little chef on your hands. He looks like he is really paying attention to you while you are cooking. Love it!!

Chris said...

I agree with Angela...he's into it.
Have fun with Little D this weekend. Take lots of pics...I'm dying to see what he looks like now!

Andrea said...

Yum...gooey butter cake + toffee. Only Paula Dean could come up with that creation! Thanks for calling me-it was great talking to you today ; )

Anonymous said...

yum yum gimme some! i love evan! oh, that kid is a joy, Tara. cute post!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics. And PUH-lease.....have you seen all of the horrible pics of me?!?!!? You always look great. Morgan knows who Racheal Ray is but shows no interest in cooking yet, I guess she gets that from me!

Heather said...

I love him looking into the oven! That's great. Hope you have a great time at Derrick George's birthday

Caron said...

Ummmmm... o.k. Tara... Let's get something straight here. PLEASE never mention the words "Gooey" "Butter" Toffee" or "cake" on anything I might read again. Oh, and FYI the word "cookie" is banned as well. LOL!! I can almost remember how good all that yummy stuff tastes... mmmmm-mmmmm!!!

I couldn't resist...I had to read that recipe! (and then I had to mop up my keyboard after my mouth watered for a piece of that sugary goodness!) MAN I MISS GOOD FOOD!!!!!!!

Oh, and of course Evan is just as cute as ever! I can't believe how he dropped that baby look... he is such a little boy now!!! Man that grow toooooo fast!!!