Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Our Weekend in Valdosta

On Friday evening, we headed down to Valdosta for Derrick George's big weekend. He turned 1 on February 7 so this past weekend was his big party and his baptism. Here are my favorite pictures of the 115+ that I took.

This is my absolute new favorite picture. As soon as we got to Katy and Derrick's house, Evan discovered the Cozy Coupe. I guess it's a good thing I'm going to the Kidsignments sale because Evan has to have one of these.


Who needs a door?


Evan also enjoyed the jeep, especially when other people pushed him around


Derrick George's cake


Daddy, DG, and Mommy


Cake should not only be eaten, it should be used as hair gel


Poor DG! Evan liked to hug Derrick and would usually come close to knocking him down. Evan also loved to pat him on the head and take his pacifier.


cute!


This is the patting the head part


Evan was not to be outdone on any of the riding toys. I can already tell I have a trouble maker in the works.


Success!


I just love his face


and by the end of the weekend, this is what we all looked like



I don't have pictures of the baptism because Mike and I were Derrick George's godparents. We were honored to be asked and hope to help guide Derrick right by the ways of the Catholic church (no promises, Katy).

We had a great time in Valdosta and can't wait to see Katy, Derrick, Derrick George, and the new baby (due in August) again soon.

10 comments:

Heather said...

The picture in the Cozy Coupe is a keeper. Those are great pictures, Tara.

Anonymous said...

Those are some great photos. I love the Cozy Coupe. We have one too! The one of Derrick with his hands in his hair is priceless. Looks like you guys had a great weekend.

Melanie said...

The boys are so cute! Morgan had one of those cars except it doesn't have a top on it. She can still cram herself into it I'll tell ya! Those things are great investments!

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures, girl! and that first one is one of my favorites too. i love it.

make sure to instill lots o'guilt into little DG. as a Catholic it is a requirement if you wanna be a part of this religion. hehe. oh, i kid! ya hear that, Ma?! i was kidding! hehe

Happy birthday to Derrick!!

Caron said...

Adorable pictures Tara! They do look like two peas in a pod! You're planning on going to Kidsignments? AWESOME!!!! I totally love that sale, man!! Have you been to it before? When are you planning to go? I will be there a lot. I think Andrea is going too. I just 'love me some' bargains, and I've seen those cars go for as low as $5 or $10!!! Let me know if you want me to snag you one while the gettins good...

Tara said...

Caron - Yes, snag me one and I owe you dearly. I am planning on going just before they open on Tuesday. I am meeting up with my old roomie and Andrea. I know Chris is going too.

Andrea said...

Blog party at Kidsignments! Whoohoo! Everyone bring their cameras. Heehee ;)

Looks like y'all had a great trip. Congrats on being Godparents. That is truly very special.

Becky said...

I love that hair of his! I bet it was so warm in Valdosta. Glad you had a nice time.

Chris said...

Oh, I'm way late on this...great to see how Little D has grown. He's still ADORABLE! Those are all awesome pics too. I may have to see if I can get one of those cozy coupes too. Lindsay needs something to ride outside. She's bored with her Elmo ride on. Great idea!
Congrats to Katy and Big D on the new baby too!

The Partins said...

Evan is SOOOO photogenic!