Friday, May 23, 2008

Promotion!

I can finally announce that I have been promoted! Actually, it is a new job being created at the hospital, with job functions similar to my current job, but I have more opportunity for growth and will play a large role in clinical research. I have been working with a couple of consultants while this job has been in the works and it's just a happy day!

I had my interviews on Tuesday, 5/13/08, and just got the final details about the job today. I still won't start it for a few weeks since they have to find someone to replace me at my current job, but I am so excited! I've been working hard and shopping harder (to look more professional) which will explain my extended absences from the blogs. I even chopped my hair off!

Here are a few pics of Evan from Tuesday, 5/13/08. Mike, Evan, and I had a mini-celebration dinner that night at Chili's. Evan is growing up so fast and hates high chairs. He wants to be so independent but I'm not quite ready for that yet!









and here's a quick self-portrait of Evan and me (with the new hair). It isn't great but Evan likes to take the pictures here lately. Another post of that soon!


I hope you all have a great holiday weekend!

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations on your new job! And your hair looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Yea for Tara and her promotion! I am proud of you, girl.

And you are stunningly beautiful in that last photo! Cute cute pictures of Evan too.

Happy weekend to you and Evan and Mike! you guys have fun!

Caron said...

Yea!!! Congrats Tara!! That is some awesome news! And your hair looks AWESOME!! Totally suits you!

Andrea said...

Love, love, love the hair! Congratulations on the promotion being official now ; )

Hey...remember the last time we got together and David refused to get in a high chair? Who knew Evan would follow so quickly!

Andrea said...

p.s.-I can still remember you with hair down to your rear end! Ahh those were the days...

Heather said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations, Tara. And I like the hair.

Anonymous said...

You look great! Love the new haor cut. CONGRATS on the promotion. I hope that is all that you hope it will be.

Chris said...

WOOHOO! SO glad to see you finally able to announce this on the blog! It's been a long time coming girl. SOOOOOOO glad you got the news in time to enjoy the long weekend! Love those pics of Evan and the one of the two of you together. I copied you on an email about Mike. We're still status quo here...hasn't passed the stone yet. THIS SUX! Poor guy!

Anonymous said...

Tara,
Congratulations on the promotion at work. That is great news! I absolutely love the new hair do. Hope you and the family are doing well.

Katy S. said...

YEA FOR YOU!! I love the Hair. Evan is getting big so fast.