Sunday, September 14, 2008

There's a first time for everything...


Well this weekend has been eventful, to say the least. All I can really tell you about Saturday morning is that I woke up with my husband, my sweet Evan in tears, and three Gwinnett County firemen/paramedics in my bedroom. I haven't been feeling too great lately because of the pregnancy or meds, not sure, and my blood sugar has been difficult to keep up. I haven't wanted to eat much of anything.

Mike arrived home from work on Saturday morning and I told him my back hurt and screamed out about something. He didn't think much about it and got a shower. When he got out of the shower, I was out cold. My blood sugar dropped so low that I passed out. Luckily, I was still in bed. He ended up calling 911 and saved the dispatch call for me (what a sweet hubby, right?). So when I came to, I was a little bruised and there were guys everywhere. As I started to realize what happened, I could only think about what I was wearing and what my house looked like. Neither were good, but at least I wore pants and a t-shirt. I rejoined consciousness around 8:30 AM on Saturday, just to rush down to Philips Arena for Sesame Street Live. I bought tickets on Wednesday for Evan and me.

Here's a quick shot from our seats. I couldn't get any better pics when the characters were out because all I had was my camera phone. Evan had a good time and I highly recommend it if you aren't passed out two hours before hand and slightly dizzy.






Just so you all know, I have never passed out in the 16 years that I have been diabetic. To make it crazier, my insulin pump was completely out so I wasn't getting any insulin. Mike and the great people in Gwinnett County told me the parasite living in my tummy (baby #2) is what's killing my blood sugar. I will be talking to the doctor tomorrow.

I hope you all had a less crazy filled weekend and I hope you have a great week!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

YIKES! So sorry this happend but I'm so glad you are okay! Way to go Mike for taking action quickly-what a good fireman he must be!

Erin Kathleen said...

Yuck, Tara. You tell that little parasite of yours that I expect him/her to behave for the next 7 months!! Glad you're ok, though.

Chris said...

SO Glad you are OK and baby is fine too. NO MORE DRAMA ALLOWED in our circle of friends man! Glad you are ok. GO MIKE!

Katy S. said...

I am so happy you two are OK now. YOu are very luck to have such a great hubby.

Heather said...

Holy Cow! What a scare. Great job for Mike. I am so happy you're doing okay now.

Kimmie Kay said...

Feel better Tara! That was a close call, sounds like you were a Trooper. Glad Evan enjoyed Sesame Street. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! So glad to hear that you are ok. It is a good thing that you were not home alone!!! Take care of yourself girl!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats to you and your family on the new little one on the way, Tara! what awesome news!

Prayers and love to ya, girl.