Monday, September 08, 2008

An Unforgettable Anniversary Gift

Friday was our 4 year anniversary of wedded bliss. We didn't exchange presents but Evan felt that he should give us something anyways. I came home from work on Friday and I was tired. I decided to take a short nap before Mike and I went out to dinner. I woke up to the smell of permanent marker. It was everywhere! Not only did my beautiful child tattoo himself and make some color adjustments to his clothes, but he also drew on the carpet and the bed sheets. Proof lies in the pictures below...


Carpet


at least he draws in straight lines



couldn't leave out the chair mat



the pillows I didn't have my head on



a sample of the sheets

Luckily, rubbing alcohol and a lot of patience pulls permanent marker out of carpet. By the way, no little boys named Evan were harmed after this incident. The gift was too overwhelming to say much!

Happy Monday!



11 comments:

Andrea said...

Sheesh! Does it come out of bed sheets? Boys will be boys.

Tara said...

No, it definitely doesn't come out of the sheets. I will be buying more of those soon.

Heather said...

oi! What a present. That is what is referred to at our house as a "It's just a good thing you're cute!" moment.

Becky said...

OMG! I know I am such a lurker, but I had to come out of the woodwork to say that Patrick's second mothers day gift to me was to keep me up all night cleaning puke out of his crib--repeatedly. You poor thing, I cannot believe that happened to you! You are handling it waaaaay better than I would have!!!

Becky said...

Oh and btw, congrats on baby #2! :)

Caron said...

You, my dear, are having a day quite similar to my own. So.... is this day over yet? I'm BEAT!! Here's hoping tomorrow is better. (Oh, and I agree with Heather... good thing for him he so darn cute!!!)

Katy S. said...

WOW!! Glad to hear you got it out of the carpet!!! I would have flipped my lid.

Chris said...

Sorry I forgot to say Happy Anniversary when I talked to you!
Sorry Evan wasn't as gift savy as he should have been...I hope MIke did better! Oh yeah...he did...LOL! Maybe it's a GIRL this time!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Glad to hear you handled it with patience. I would have been livid. Happy Anniversary (late) by the way! I can't believe it's been 4 years for you two.

Kimmie Kay said...

I'm with you Tara...I wouldn't have been able to be upset either as he had good intentions in giving you a gift. :) Sorry about the mess though Mom and Happy Anniversary!

Melanie said...

OMG, I bet that that was a joy to clean!