Monday, December 18, 2006

Being a Mommy!

Evan and Daddy
During one of our many naps

The first swing ride. We're still a little too small!


Sorry I haven't posted since Evan's arrival. I am struggling with breastfeeding but starting to make some head way. My poor baby is already used to a bottle though and gets mad at me very easily. We went to the piediatrician today and Evan is up to 7 lbs, 1 oz and 19 3/4 inches in length. That's amazing to me at 6 days old. He is a very good, calm baby. I know it can change but I am enjoying every minute we get.
Mike is the most wonderful father. I cry happy tears just thinking about how beautiful they are together (and yes my hormones are crazier now than they were when I was pregnant). Everyone has come to see us and wish us well. Right now, Mike's dad, Dick and stepmom, Jackie are here. Between them and Christina, we haven't cooked a meal and have had lots of help cleaning the house and wrapping presents. I hope everyone else is well and I'll talk to you all soon!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow that is great you have so much help! Glad to hear you are doing well...can't wait to see more pics of Evan!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I am glad Evan is doing so well! don't sweat the breast feeding. if it happens it happens but if it doesn't don't worry. there is nothing wrong at all with bottle feeding.
i can't wait to see more pics of Evan! You are going to love being a mommy, Tara! and that is so sweet about your husband! it really does make your heart melt seeing your husband with your baby!

Anonymous said...

oh, now i can see the pictures! could he be any more precious!! what an angel! look at him in that swing -all snuggled up and cozy. oh, these pictures are so making me want another baby!
must look away, must look away!! haha!!
thanks for posting those great pics! how are you feeling? is your belly still sore from the incision? you'll be feeling 100%in no time!

Bethany said...

He is so adorable. Glad to hear that you have so many helping hands. Cherrish each moment, before you know it he'll be a big boy!!