Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Evan's Debut!

Mike, Evan and cousin Cole
Evan's First Christmas outfit from Aunt Christina


Shortly after birth

When Mommy got to finally hold her baby around 2 AM, 12/13/06



Well, it has been a very long, almost 24 hours. Evan was born via c-section at 10:45 PM Tuesday evening, 12/12/06. Mike and I were both scared to death, me more than him but things went very smoothly. I only dialated to 5 cm and Evan could be pushed back up so the doctor recommended that we go ahead with the c-section. I love my doctor and she was good to me. I shook for hours, from around 10PM when we decided to go ahead with the surgery until almost 2AM this morning. It was some cold and lots of scared. I'm already up and moving around and things are good. Evan just left to go get the circumcision. He'll be back within the hour. I am starting to pump also, since we are having a few feeding issues but things are still great and I'm so happy our beautiful baby boy has arrived healthy.
He is 7lbs even and 19.25 inches long.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's BEAUTIFUL!!! i am so glad all is well with you and baby! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your little miracle! I am soooo happy for you!

Katy S. said...

Way to go! What an adorable baby boy, wow look at that thing!!!! I wish I could be there to give you love and support for this special occasion. I am very happy for the 2 oops 3 of you. I can not wait to meet my nephew.
Aunt Katy

Becky said...

Congrats to you! I love the picture of you and Evan snuggling. I shook too, but the nurses said it was an effect of the drugs sometimes.

I gotta give you props for updating your blog so soon after childbirth! You go girl!!!

Andrea said...

Yeah that is what a laptop and wireless internet at the hospital will do! Looks like I'm going to have to find a new picture...

Tara said...

Thanks for everyone's well wishes and checking in on us. We are doing great and really hope to go home soon. The hospital life sucks!

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful and I am so excited he's here and sad it will be so long before we get to meet him.

I've been bouncing off the walls since Rob called me at work yesterday and told me the little guy got here. I have the picture of Mike & Evan up on my office door labeled "My early Christmas present". Best present ever. Looking forward to our early Valentine's present, Katy. :)

Bethany said...

Contratulations to the beautiful family. Tara you look great for having just gone through sugery!! And I too love the pic of you two snuggling! Olivia was much bigger than Evan when she was born!! Keep going on the breastfeeding and/or pumping. We had issued too in the beginning, but we finally got the hang of it and nursed for 9 1/2 months! Congrats again. You are truely blessed.