Saturday, June 02, 2007

A long Saturday

Saturday was the Northside Hospital Volunteer Picnic day at the zoo. Christina and Cole joined Evan and me for a nice overcast morning of smelling animal poo and having a good time. This is the only picture you will see in this entire post of an actual animal. I figured since we waited in line for 20 minutes and then we were herded like cattle to see this panda cub, Mei Lan, I should take one picture for prosperity. Too bad her sleeping self only gave us her rump to look at.


This was at the beginning of the morning. Evan didn't get his mid-morning nap and Aunt Christina was happy to lend a shoulder. Too bad the kid picking his nose got in the picture.

Cole tried out Evan's stroller anytime Evan vacated it

We also met up with Chris, Lindsay, and Karen during lunch. Chris decided to let Evan and Lindsay share some time in the stroller together. Evan proceeded to take Linds' barrett out and mess with her hair. It was good to see you all there and meet Karen!

After the zoo, Cole, Evan, and I went to Peachtree-Dekalb airport to attend an Air Show. Mike was working there showing off the fire trucks. Christina had some house cleaning to do so, for a short time today, I became a single mom to an almost 6 month old and almost 4 year old. Cole was great though and we had a good time.
Here's Cole checking out one of the private planes


Here's Evan checking out the cargo hatch on another plane. It was the perfect size for one baby!


Evan and Mike checking out the military plane. Yes, my son is sitting on a gun, because daddy thought it was cute and I do have to admit, they do look cute.


Evan, on top of a piece of a fire truck


Mike and Cole, on top of the haz-mat truck, looking for me and Evan. I thought this was cute so I wanted to post the picture

All smiles

Cole got to sit in the back of a ladder truck because he was with Mike. Two minutes after this picture, there was a line a mile long with other kids wanting to do the same thing.


And I leave you with my happy, smiling, baby boy at about 9:00 PM, just before his bath. This picture is especially for you, Mom. We miss you and know you are having a great time jet-setting in China and of course, the Philippines. We can't wait to see you and have you home. Evan is ready to go sit at the bar and share a margarita with you. We'll see you in 10 days. We love you!

We also hope everyone else is having a good weekend. We are exhausted and will be taking it easy tomorrow.

9 comments:

Katy S. said...

Looks like you all had a rocking Saturday! Love the Zoo jumper for zoo day. I can not belive how big Cole is getting. He really looks like a little man. Mike looks like a proud daddy!

Tara said...

Definitely! Mike is so proud and you can see it anytime him and Evan are together. Evan adores him so much too. We can't wait to see you all again! Tell work to figure out when you can leave (though I know they can't).

Andrea said...

What a perfect outfit combo-zoo overalls with a fireman bib! Its hard watching two, no? For a little while on Friday I had three in my care (David plus my sisters two). It really gets hard when the kids outnumber the adults.

Tara said...

Andrea..I agree. It was fun to try for a little while. It was an experience.

Anonymous said...

I love Evan's outfit! that last picture is just adorable! glad you had a fun weekend, tara. great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Love the father son picture and also the one with Cole and Mike on the fire truck. Evan is so adorable in the last photo. Looks like a great time was had by all.

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great day! I love the last pic of Evan, he is all smiles!

Heather said...

So many neat pictures. What a fun day.

Chris said...

Hello from the beach! I noticed Evan was wearing the bib I won him on EBAY! Too cute. Evan had a Super long day on Saturday. I love all those pics...you got some great shots! THanks for including LIndsay on your post. I'm glad you put up the pics of Mei Lan because we didn't see her at all. You should have seen the line when we got there! We skipped it. We did have a caricature of Lindsay made and stood in line forever for that. SHHHHH...it's a Father's Day gift for Mike.