Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sharing the day

I was born on Father's Day, Sunday, June 17, 1979 at 11:57 P.M. It has come that time once again for me to celebrate my birthday on Father's Day. I am 28 years old today and my 28 years have been filled with love, friendship, and everything I could have ever imagined my life to be, so far. Technically, since I was born so late at night, I get another 24 hours that runs into tomorrow for my birthday!

I will post baby pics another day this week as I have to get them from my mom's house. Here are some of the things that make my life worthwhile and some pics from my party last night.

Evan sporting his "I love Mommy" bib on Friday. Our festivities began then.


Evan was waiting on me at the front door on Friday as I came home from work


And here he is hiding the present that Evan and Mike got me
(It was 12 pieces of Rachael Ray cookware! Guess I really need to step up my cooking now.)

At my party on Saturday, here's one of the only shots of me with Evan. Jeremy got in on the picture too.

no caption needed
********************************************************************************
And as for the other reason that makes this day special....

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

I wish everyone a very Happy Father's Day (especially in my family, Dick, Rob, Derrick, Arnold).

Thank you to my wonderful father for loving, supporting, and encouraging me to be the person I am. I am so lucky to have you in my life and I am so proud to be your daughter.



And to my wonderful husband, thank you for the gift of your love and for my Evan. There is nothing about you that I would ever change and I am so glad that I have you beside me everyday. I look forward to all of the years we have together. May this be the first of many father's days we will remember and you will share with Evan and any other children that God blesses us with in the next few years.


And to everyone else, family and friends (and this includes my blogger gals), thanks for the birthday wishes and thanks for your friendships! You all enrich my life and I count my blessings!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet what you wrote about your dad and your husband. that was really touching. and all your pictures are awesome. i hope you had the best birthday! i am so jealous that you are still in your 20s!!!! :)

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Tara! I knew it was coming up, I just didn't know the exact day. That is a super cool pic of you in the car and Evan waiting for you...props to the photographer on that one! Happy Father's day to all the fathers in your life especially Mike-I love that last photo of him reading a magazine with Evan.

Chris said...

Happy Birthday TARA! Happy first Father's Day Mike!

I was going to call you today but the day got away from me. Maybe we can do a birthday lunch this week.

Great post. I also love the pic of Evan waiting for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Great post. I love the photo of Evan waiting on you at the door.

Amanda said...

Perfect! Happy Birthday Tara! Evan is getting so big! I know you are proud!!!

Katy S. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Let's do some shots!! Ok I know you do not drink so I will do some for you!!!

Becky said...

A little late here, but I hope your birthday and Mike's Fathers day was awesome!