Monday, December 10, 2007

Evan's Party

Sunday was Evan's Birthday Party to celebrate him turning 1. His birthday is Wednesday but we sqeezed in a little party time before it got too close to Christmas. The best part was that I didn't make any of the food, except for a chocolate chip cheese ball. Our wonderful family and friends did EVERYTHING! I am beyond grateful!

Like any good party, we started out with food. These two boys tried to eat us out of house and home. Evan is on top of his Aunt Christina who fed him a little of everything and Derrick George sqeezed in for his share too.


Evan refused a nap before the party began and promptly went to sleep right after he ate. About 40 minutes later, we woke him up to open presents. Here's just a broad shot of our family and friends. If you look closely, you will find Andrea in the teal.



Cole was a wonderful big cousin and helped Evan open his presents (and blow out his candle).



Evan's Godmother, Sharon, made the wonderful cakes. Beautiful to look at and yummy to eat!



Evan's Cake



And I leave you with a series of pictures of Evan trying out his cake. It started off so very slowly that people left the kitchen while he pulled off the yellow icing and decimated the poor dalmation, only to return when Cole yelled, "He's eating it!"






I will try and update the blog again this week. I kind of took a blogging break. December is just a busy time and with Evan toddling around, it is impossible to get anything done. Enjoy the 70+ degree weather like we are and have a good week!

Thanks again to our family and friends that took care of us and helped us with Evan's Birthday. We are truly blessed and we love you all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great party and even better that you did not have to make any of the food. I LOVE the cakes. The are precious. I can not believe that our Evan and Alex are already 1! I am tearing up just writing this. Glad he had a great day and HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN!

Heather said...

I am glad his first birthday went well. The pictures are great - his cakes were adorable. Hard to believe it's been one year already.

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Evan! I'm so glad I was able to make it. The food was delicious. I already regret I turned down your offer to take some home ; )

Anonymous said...

What awesome party pics, Tara! That cake is great. Good to see the baby momma, andrea, out in the crowd!! :) Looks like it was a great time, girl. I cannot believe evan is 1. i remember checking your blog out when you were still pregnant! the time flies.....

Chris said...

Evan's smash cake was SO cute. Sharon did an awesome job. Glad he had a GREAT 1st Bday party. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN!!!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday to Evan! Great cakes! I also love it when I don't have to do anything for my kids' parties!!!

Katy S. said...

I would not have missed it for the world!!!!!!!