Monday, December 17, 2007

Sick Days and Our First Haircut

Last week was quite an adventure. After Evan's party on Sunday, 12/9, something wasn't quite right. Evan had a touch of sickness most of the week. He was in decent spirts though. I took off work Wednesday for his birthday and we laid low. On Thursday, I got up, knew I didn't feel right, got to work and I was on my way home in the next hour and a half with the stomach bug. Thursday and Friday weren't pleasant for me and then Mike was sick Saturday and some of Sunday.


Most of our days were spent much like this


and when we got delirious, we played with bottles, some stronger than others



and when the bottles didn't work, we tried to strangles ourselves with the mini-blind cords


On a healthier note, we all were well enough to venture out on Sunday. Evan was looking like he needed a haircut. I admit that I'm the psycho mom that wanted to wait until he was one year old until he had a haircut!



Exhibit A: see the off-centered rat tail growing in the back of Evan's head. Scary!


Evan was a little scared too


Then we figured out that it wasn't so bad


and I present you with my little man!

I hope everyone is staying warm and getting their Christmas shopping done. We're done, thank goodness! Here's wishing you joy, happiness, and good health! Have a great week!

9 comments:

Angela said...

The last photo of Evan is so cute! He has a great smile. Sorry you guys were under the weather.

Becky said...

Jeez, is he the best kid ever or what?!!? You should see the absolute fury we have to endure during haircuts. It's more like wrestling. Patrick is just now starting to calm down. Ben is out of control...hence the shaggy hair!

Caron said...

You are livin' my life girl! I'm fixing to post about my weekend right now. Dub has the same stuff unfortunately. But he too got his first haircut!! He didn't have as much as Evan, though.

He is adorable, and does indeed look like a little man! Did you save it??

Anonymous said...

did y'all go to Snippets to get his hair cut? that place is very cool. I am so glad y'all are feeling better. i remember 2 years ago when me, paul and joe had that stomach bug. it was awful!!

Great pictures, Tara!! how is it possible that evan just keeps getting cuter and cuter!! i wanna squeeze that adorable little boy!

Melanie said...

I am glad that you guys are feeling better. That haircut is adorable! What a little man!!!! Love his firetruck sweater too.

Anonymous said...

Becky - seatbelts in the haircut chair. It was a lovely thing!

Caron - the lady cut it and put it in a baggie for me. His hair now has a nice home in a little ceramic firetruck

Katie - we did go to Snipits. Mom and Mike wanted to do it themselves but I put my foot down and said we were going to the kids place. Evan deserves his own salon.

Andrea said...

His haircut looks great! Red and black certainly look good on Evan ; ) So glad y'all are all feeling better.

Heather said...

I love his firetruck sweater. And I am so happy his first hair cut went pretty well. Sorry all of you weren't feeling well. Hope it's all gone for the holidays.

Chris said...

Oh, sorry to hear you were sick. I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you at work either. Not that I've been there much. I haven't been in before 11 am a day this week.

LOVE the haircut pics. I'm SO ready to take Lindsay for a snip! He is just SO cute Tara!!!