Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Magic of Christmas

We have had a very busy couple of days. Christmas started on Sunday when we went to Greenville to visit Grandpa Dick and Nana Jackie. Nana had a lot of toys and Evan dove right in.

Grocery shopping in the kitchen


Playing with his all time favorite toy, the coaster!



After the rain stopped and the sun came out, we took a little time to swing



and swing some more


Before we left, we all shared a Chinese food dinner. Evan took care of Grandpa's egg roll and ate all the cabbage out from the inside.



and he helped rearrange a few ornaments on the tree


Monday, after I got off of work, we went to Grandpa and Grandma Jimmie's house. We didn't get many pictures without a ton of red-eye but this one was cute



and Tuesday was the big present day for us. Thanks to Elena and Kathryn for this great shirt. Evan loves it!



The presents taste good too



and right before he opened his last gift, he decided to take a nap (a two-hour plus nap)



The last present


Think he likes it?

Christmas was a rough time this year. We lost Granny Hicks (Jimmie's mom and my step-grandmother) on Saturday evening. She lived to be 75 years young and was a very kind woman. She always accepted Jerry and me into her family with open arms for the 18 years I knew her. Today was her memorial service and she was loved and honored by many.

We are so happy that we got to spend time with the loved ones that we could during the last few days. Hurricane Evan enjoyed every minute of tearing your houses apart.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of our family and friends. May your new year be prosperous and rewarding!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Granny Hicks. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

On a happier note, I love the photo of Evan on the giraffe. I saw all the other gifts in the background, looks like he got lots of stuff. Glad to hear that you guys were able to enjoy the holidays in spite of things.

Andrea said...

Love all of Evan's outfits-he's the cutest hurricane I've ever seen ; )

So sorry about Granny Hicks. I'll be sure to keep your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your Granny Hicks. She sounds like a kind, loved woman.

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas with Evan. That boy has the cutest fire truck clothes I have ever seen! That giraffe is the cutest thing ever. I wish that Morgan wasn't too big for it!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your loss, tara. your family will be in my prayers.

awesome pics of evan on christmas! love the one of him passed out on the chair. too cute!

Chris said...

Tara,

So sorry to hear about your families loss.

Glad to see you all had a nice Christmas though. Evan is adorable in all of those pictures. He will LOVE his Zebra...Linds loves hers.

Hope to see you soon at work!

Caron said...

I too am sorry to hear about your Granny! It always seems so much tougher around the Holidays!

I can't believe how bug Evan is getting! He is adorable! So filled with personality.

Oh, and if you drove up to Greenville, you passed right by my neck of the woods!! It's about 45 minutes north of us, but our house is only one minute away from the interstate which leads you there.

Heather said...

Glad Evan liked the shirt! Those are some great Christmas pictures.

Sorry to hear about your Granny.

Amanda said...

Too cute! Look at all those cute clothes!!! I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your grandma. I lost my grandmother on July 4th a few years back, and it is just really hard to lose someone at such a special time. It is like a constant reminder. You guys are in my prayers! Evan is growing up to be one handsome man! I know you are so proud!!!