Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Recap

Happy mid-week! Our Easter was good. We went to my grandmother's house for the first time in three years. You gotta love those family differences! It was a wonderful day and we enjoyed it.

Evan learned how to hunt for eggs very quickly. He wanted to open each one after he picked it up though. He figured out that most of the plastic ones had chocolate inside.

He's growing up so fast! He didn't want Mommy or Daddy's help toting his bucket.

After the egg hunt, things started to go a little wild. Evan ran for cover.

But the aliens convinced him to come back out

Confetti was flying everywhere,



Cole was beating up poor helpless eggs with a mallet,




and shoes were lost ... and found.


We were bordering on Redneck Easter at this point. I didn't even get a picture of the hard boiled egg carnage near the lone tree in front yard.

Are you wondering why you read this blog with my bad humor yet?

But alas, things returned to normal. Kaylin, my cousin's beautiful daughter, was ready with a smile


and luckily no police were needed.


I hope you all had a great Easter too! I'm ready for the next holiday. I have missed big family holidays but hopefully we (my family and me) can all push our differences aside or keep them at bay for a while and just enjoy each other. Love you all, enjoy your week.

Just as a disclaimer: the family difference thing has nothing to do with Mike's side of the family. Don't go looking at Katy and Heather's blogs funny thinking they were a part of this.

9 comments:

Chris said...

Glad you had a good Easter Tara. Loving the disclaimer at the bottom! VERY CUTE pics of Evan as usual...Man he is getting Tall!!

Anonymous said...

Love the disclaimer! What family doesn't have it's differences???

Evan looks so cute toting around his bucket in his overalls!

The Partins said...

Glad you had a good Easter and hope you have some great drama-free holidays! (And I thought your comments were very funny!)

Heather said...

Yeah, we're just different and that's all there is to it! LOL!

It's great you were able to get together with more family for Easter. Those are super cute pics & I am such a sucker for a pair of overalls.

Andrea said...

I love this post Tara! That is funny stuff there and you captured it all on film.

I just commented on Caron's blog that I almost bought the same baskets she did from wal-mart, but I went with the $1 plastic one instead. David has the same one Evan has, but in blue. I don't feel quite so cheap now! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I need to put a disclaimer on all my family blog posts! we put the FUN in dysfunctional as hell, girl! haha!!

Love all the pictures. If evan gets any cuter i might have to steal him!! i am warning you, evan!! hehe. he looks adorable as ever.

Katy S. said...

Very cute post Tara!!! I Love ya girl!! Well, we have the cop at every family event at our house. LOL. The only big difference I saw was there there was minimal alcohol involved. It was Easter. DG3 loves to run around with shoes and beat things. We are a lot alike.

MBKimmy said...

Love the pictures! He is very handsome!

Anonymous said...

Love the overalls! Look like you had an interesting Easter. The disclaimer at the end was great.