Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Elmo to the Rescue




Elmo has been saving my sanity a lot here lately. I have a kid that attaches like static cling if you are the only person around. I have discovered over the last week that if you pop Elmo Visits the Firehouse into the DVD player, you get 30 minutes of time to yourself as long as you stay in the room. I don't find the DVD annoying because we put the firefighter idea and Elmo idea in his mind. It is a little cheesy though.


I owe big thanks to Andrea for giving Evan this wonderful DVD. He absolutely loves it!

8 comments:

Chris said...

Cute! I forgot how darn big that tv is!!! ELMO is HUGE. I'll have to bring Lindsay over she'll love it! Maybe we can get Evan hooked on Barney and we'll see if you thank me. Tee,hee.
Sorry I never got to talk to you again today at work. I was actually BUSY all day. As far as my arch nemesis goes, I'm still getting the silent treatment...LOL.
Good for me. You can't boss someone around if you ain't talking to them. LOL. What a BEOTCH!

Heather said...

That's a big Elmo! But I am all for something that detaches the toddler for a few minutes.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I would love to tell you that it gets better but......well you know. I still can't do anything in the house. I have to take a day off of work and take Morgan to school to get anything done!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Elmo rocks, Evan. I totally agree. Elmo digs his goldfish and crayons too. and well, the simplicity of this red muppet makes me smile, man.

Tara-that TV rocks my world. I may come over when the big tennis tourneys start up to watch some matches. :)

Andrea said...

Awww, thanks for the shout-out! I'm glad he likes it and that it gives you 30 minutes of sanity ; )

MBKimmy said...

WOW That is a life size elmo! I love it!

Bethany said...

It took us 2 years to finally get Olivia to watch TV, and now she finally does...and it's the only time that we get free of her clung to our legs. Whatever works, right?

Angela said...

What mom does not need a 30 mintue sanity break. Our favorite video right now is the Disneyland sing along. The kids are in such a daze whenever I turn it on.