Monday, October 23, 2006

$50 doesn't go far!

After work today, I had to go by Babies R Us and pick up a high chair that Mike's father, Dick, and stepmom, Jackie, bought us. While there, I decided to use a coupon and buy a box of diapers. There went the first $30. Afterwards, I went across the street to Costco. One bag of cat food, a box of cookies for my husband, and a dinner salad later, and I'm out another $20. I'm trying to go ahead and buy diapers when I can so that we can absorb a little of the cost now and not later when Evan is here.

Otherwise, it was a crazy day at work. If anyone watched the news this weekend, there was a huge story about Northside Hospital and the Transplant Program defrauding the government because of an improper financial and referral relationship. Imagine working in that program and never knowing anything! My boss didn't tell us for 2 and a half years. My coworker and I knew something was going on but didn't know the story until the top story on WSB aired Friday. Today, patients were asking us if we were embarrassed to be working for the program. I guess that's just how the world works but it is amazing how people can pull the wool over your eyes!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW...um so what happens to your boss now? Oh and smart thinking about the diapers. Pampers swaddlers are the best for little boys.

Bethany said...

I'm in the Pampers fan club too, and I don't have a little boy! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble at work. I hate to say that I don't watch the news, so I hadn't even heard anything about this.

Tara said...

Nothing happens to my boss. Apparently there is no fault and no discussion.