Friday, October 20, 2006

Long time no blog...

Mike has gotten our computer back to working at a normal speed and I am slowly working on rebuilding all of my bookmarks and stored passwords. I had to remember that I was neglecting this blog. I'll try to get better!

Overall things are great! It was a busy Friday. There were two wedding rehearsals at church and I had another couple, getting married in November, attend the rehearsals to help them see how things go in a Catholic wedding ceremony and so that they could ask me questions. The night was crazy with all of the people there but it went by fast!

Afterwards, I got to see our sponsor couple from when we were married in the church last July. Tim and Sharon are wonderful people and we've just missed them at mass lately. They were eating dinner but took a break to talk to me. Tim and Sharon have also accepted our invitation to be Evan's Godparents. They really helped guide us to learning more about each other and our faith, when we were preparing for our Catholic convalidation, and Mike and I both feel they will make good Godparents. Mike and I are attending a Baptismal Prep class on Sunday and I'm excited! Evan isn't here yet but I feel better knowing that things are falling into place.

I guess my last happy thought for the evening is that it is nice to know that you belong somewhere. I really love my church and feel honored to be a part of it. Mike and I are both in ministries that we love (though I try to quit mine often!), we have our favorite priest that we adore, and we've made great friends that have made lasting impressions on us and our faith!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

So important to feel like you belong at your church...good for you...good for me you are back to blogging ; )

Bethany said...

Welcome back, Tara. And I have to say, I totally know what you mean. You have a sense of completeness when you know that you belong somewhere! I really feel like Josh and I thrive spiritually as long as we feel connected. Congrats to you for being so on top of it. You are one organized Mommy-to-be!!!