Friday, October 06, 2006

Childbirth Prep

I haven't had much to blog about lately. Evan is still moving right along. We went to our first session of Childbirth Prep tonight at Northside. Tomorrow, we go back for 8 more hours. It's really interesting and we learned to breathe tonight. All of a sudden, I'm undecided about an epidural vs. natural childbirth. I know a lot of people really feel strongly one way or another but I guess I will see when the time comes. Mike is a great sport about going to the class too. He was breathing right along with everyone else tonight. Hopefully tomorrow's class goes by fast and we learn a lot.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Childbirth classes...it makes you feel better when you take 'em, but all that knowledge goes right out the door once you're in labor...

Bethany said...

All I can say is go in with an open mind. I know from experience, if you have this "dream" of how child birth will go - and the plan changes for any reason - you can be disappointed. Just go in with an open mind and know that you will make the right decision for the baby AND for yourself. And I'm with you, Katie. They gave me the epidural before I could even feel my contractions!!! ;o)