Sunday, August 19, 2007

Down on the farm

Saturday was Cole's birthday party. It was at Johnston Dairy Farm in Newborn, GA (AKA - middle of nowhere). It was a good time though.

When we arrived, the party had already started. It had just rained a little and it was very muggy. Here, Ethan and Cole are taking a break from running on the hay bales.


Evan gave the bales a try too





Most of the time, Evan just sat back, relaxed, and watched all the big kids play.



Evan giving Aunt Christina a kiss



Cole and Jeremy hamming it up for the camera


It was the first time that Jing and Kayla had met Evan, so we took a picture



Inside the milking room, Bessie #534 was eyeing Mike.



Baby cow



Evan and me on the hay ride



We stopped while on the hay ride to feed the pregnant cows and the heffers (heffers are cows untouched by a bull if ya didn't know, because I sure didn't). There were about 100 of them with one male bull. Busy guy!



Evan and Mike looking at the heffers :)



As we pulled away, the ladies were still eating



And then there was cake. Happy birthday again, Cole, we had a great time at your party!



And then on Sunday, Evan thought it was way to hot to sit around so he jumped in the pool

with some wardrobe help


Hope you all had a great weekend! We sure did and wish it were longer.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love cole's shirt! Looks like a fun time, girl. and that's a great picture of evan in the pool. i so enjoyed seeing you 2 at church again. i really want to take evan home with me. what a great baby you have!! his smile just makes my day. :)

Katy S. said...

One question. How does a 4 year old get a birthday party at a dairy farm???? Is there a waiting list? Was this Cole's idea? I need some answers here.

Tara said...

Katie - We enjoyed seeing you all at church again too. I told Joe that we'll go partying when you and Evan run off.

Katy - Christina works with a teacher who owns the dairy farm with her husband. The teacher put the party up as a fundraiser for Relay for Life and Christina bid on it. There is no waiting list. Anyone can book this type of party. You just have to go out to the middle of nowhere. Evan definitely won't be having this type of party, though it wasn't bad. It's definitely a once in a lifetime kind of thing for us.

Caron said...

That looks like the kind of party kids around here might have! We live in the country and there are farms everywhere! I know this because... well... let's just say if a 4 year old in your Sunday School class thanks God for plows during a prayer... you know you are in the country. Yea... that really happened!

Andrea said...

Newborn is only 20 minutes away from me Tara!!! I wish I would have known-we would have had y'all over-Matt and Christy were here on Saturday too! Gosh Darn it.

That is the best pic of Evan on the hay. I thought heffers were just female cows...didn't know they were "untouched" ; )

Tara said...

I knew I was in your county, Andrea, but I wasn't sure you would be there or exactly how close/far it was from you. It took us forever to get there because we went through Grayson and the party started at 6:00 PM, so it was late in the day.

Chris said...

I went to a party like that last year at Cagle's Dairy in Woodstock...lots of fun! Loved all the pics. That last pic of Evan in the pool is to die for. WHAT A DOLL...can I please have a print of that???
I'm off tomorrow to the kidsignments sale...chat with ya Wed from work...it was INSAINE today!

Anonymous said...

I started cracking up when I saw the last photo. It is so cute. What a cute idea of the dairy farm.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.