Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sleep and the lack there of

We haven't been sleeping very much this week. Evan has pulled a night or two of waking up every two hours. We aren't sure exactly why but we are working through it. This is the reason I have nothing to post. I'm extremely tired. When I get a free minute and I'm not sleeping, I'm reading The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley. No one ever tells you that when you have a baby not sleeping, how difficult it is to stay awake while reading a book about sleep.

In other news, I am doing two walks in October for causes near and dear to my heart. The first one is the Step Out to Fight Diabetes walk at Grant Park on October 6, 2007. I have been an insulin-dependent diabetic for just over 15 years now so Evan and I will be walking for a cure. I even fancied my page up a bit if you check it out!

The other walk Evan and I are doing is the Light the Night Walk for everyone that battles blood cancers. I work with adults with leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, and other hematological disorders every day and the Leukemia/Lymphoma society provides all patients that apply with some monetary help and support. This walk will be fun because it will be in the early evening on October 13, 2007 at Centennial Olympic Park. All of the walkers will get a balloon with a glow stick for the walk.

If you can give, great and thank you in advance. If you cannot give, I completely understand. There are so many worthwhile causes out there to support. I hope to blog with happier news and pictures over the weekend! Have a good Friday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara- what a great post! I really enjoyed your website and that is such a great picture of you and Evan. I will definitly sponsor you! You rock, girl.

Anonymous said...

oh, and thanks for noticong my new blog lay out. needed a little change. :)

Andrea said...

Never heard of that book-I hope it works for you-you'll have to give us a review once you're finished.

That will make 3 walks in one year! Oct6th is our anniversary so I can't go to that one (I will definitely sponsor you), but I may come with you to the night light walk for blood cancers-Dan died of multiple myeloma.

Chris said...

Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping. I can commiserate. We were up from 3-5:30 last night and I went into work super late today. That's great you are doing the walks. I will sponser you for either one. Let me know. Hope you have a good weekend and I hope to catch up with you more next week.

Tara said...

Andrea - that would be great if you want to walk too. Evan and I are pretty much going it alone for these walks.

Katy S. said...

Sorry to hear about the late nights there Tara. Hang in there you will need the resr for the walks for great causes.

Bethany said...

Girl, Olivia did that too when she was about 7-8 months old, and I made the mistake of feeding her and that was a big NO-NO!! At least for us. I actually trained her to keep getting up (so says our pediatrician). Once we let her cry it out for about 3 nights, she started sleeping through the night again! Stay strong!!!

Good luck with your walks. Both great causes. We'll be praying for you and your efforts!