Sunday, August 12, 2007

I never would have thought....

I never would have thought that I would be a mom, especially not to an 8 month old. I can't believe we've made it this far and in 4 more short months, I will be singing Happy Birthday to a one year old. This is definitely one of the greatest joys in my life and so rewarding.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend


My two men, happy as can be


We are trying to hold our sippy cup. He still won't hold his own bottle, but I keep reminding myself that it will come in time.



I'm not one for bad pictures of myself but Evan fell asleep on the couch and I was afraid he would fall off so I laid down beside him and fell asleep too.




And lastly, our baby fighting sleep in his swing.

By the way, he is not trying to bring Flashdance back, those are his new Skid Pants to protect his knees when he crawls. (I also got him the black pair in the picture two up.) I recommend these things though they look funny. His knees aren't near as red as they have been without.

I hope everyone has a good start to the week.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

HA! We both posted what we thought were bad pictures of ourselves this weekend (yours isn't as bad as mine-I can promise you that ; )

Skid pants huh? I cannot believe all the new things for kids these days...and my kid is only two years old!

Anonymous said...

oh, we ladies are so critical of ourselves! haha! you look beautiful sleeping with evan, tara. it's a precious picture. framer, fo' sure. evan is the happiest little guy ever. the camera loves him. hope you had a great weekend. happy monday! maybe i'll see you at church this sunday? later on, g-friend.

Tara said...

Katie - Evan and I will be flying solo (Mike will be working) but we will try and make it to 9 AM. Amazingly, we did this past weekend.

Chris said...

Those are sweet pics Tara. Happy 8 Months to Evan. I never had to worry about those pants since Lindsay doesn't crawl. I need a sleeve for the one leg she drags across the floor though.

Anonymous said...

dang! you were at the 9am? well, i am always there. but this past sunday i went to bed at 2am after the wedding and slept in. hope to see you there this sunday!

Katy S. said...

Wow has it really been eight months? I guess so. He is so precious. In the sleeping pictuer he looks just like you. Awake on the other hand, at least in pic 2, looks like Mike!

Anonymous said...

Happy 8 months Evan! Before long you will be getting the long awaited cake!!!

Becky said...

Yet again, the kid cannot take a bad picture!! Precious all around!

My boys both crawled in the winter...it wasn't their knees that got torn up, it was their jeans!!!