Friday, March 09, 2007

A busy start to March

Evan playing his piano in the crib

A very happy musician

Lounging around after his bath




This has been a busy week. I started back to work full time and I can't remember the last time I was this tired. Evan sleeps good, about 6-7 hours each night with the nightly wake up around 3 or 4 AM. He usually goes to sleep between 9 or 10 PM. It is only 20 or 30 minutes that it takes to feed him but it kills my sleep cycle. Mike is feeling it too.

We took the bassinet to my mom's house on Tuesday evening, so since then, Evan has been sleeping in his room, in his crib. I had a harder time letting go than he did but it is working out great so far.

Evan's baptism date is almost set. Right now, it looks like he will be baptised on Sunday, May 13 at 4:00 PM. That day is also Mother's Day but it was the only day that was offered to me so I took it. I already have confirmation from my mom and Evan's godparents, Tim and Sharon (our sponsor couple when our marriage was convalidated in the church) that the day will work. This means that Evan will be 5 months old when he's baptised so I probably have to exchange his christening gown/baptismal outfit for the 2nd time.

Things are starting to fall back into place (from before Evan was here with us) and I'm almost completely healed from my c-section wound. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday so here's hoping for the best. For now, it's off to bed. The pictures are from yesterday and today. Have a good weekend!


6 comments:

The Brain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

I think that would actually be really special to have him baptized on Mother's day! Great pics as always.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, he is cute!! he gets cuter every time i see him! just a adorable. yeah, i agree with andrea-very cool if he was baptized on mom's day!

Chris said...

Congrats on surviving your first full week back. I know how hard it is and I KNOW you're enjoying all your baby time this weekend. I LIVE for the weekends now. I'm glad we were able to catch up more this week and do a few lunches.
The pics are great! Love the piano pics. He may just be a little prodigy!! Talk to you soon.

Becky said...

That crib looks so darn COZY!!!! It looks like his silky blanket is the same "lovey" that Patrick used. I gotta say, they are pricey and they don't hold up well to little boys. We've had to buy six of them...until I finally just said forget it. His latest one is in tatters, but I'm just going to let it disintegrate into nothingness!!!!

I bet Evan will start sleeping until 6 or 7 am within a month or so. And I agree about the Mothers' Day baptism...that sounds really special!

Heather said...

I was just wondering about the baptism this morning, I'm not sure what made me think of it. Mother's Day sounds like a great day if it works out that way.

Evan is "turtling" so well. I love the picks on the changing table.

In case I forget on Monday, happy 3 months, Evan!