Sunday, March 04, 2007

Over the last week

On Tuesday, Mike, Evan and I took a long road trip to Virginia. Evan hung in there pretty well, only needing us to stop about 3 times to stretch out. Here are pictures from our trip.

Evan stretching out Wednesday, the next morning after the road trip

Evan and his great grandmother, Ila. She held him most of the time we were there. Both her and Evan enjoyed it very much.

Evan and mommy before cake Thursday, Mike's 28th birthday. I took a vacation from looking like a real person.

Daddy, Evan, and the birthday cake that Grandma Ila surprised Daddy with. They share a similar expression in this picture.

More time with Grandma Ila after cake

Charlie the cat, telling us to pack our bags on Thursday evening, because he was tired of us invading his space.

Grandma gave our two cats a scratching present since Charlie loves his. As you can see, Aaron and Sidney took right to it.

On Saturday, we finally let Evan out of the suitcase. We didn't have room for his car seat after we packed all his stuff. Nice fit, don't ya think?

Saturday evening, we went to Christina's house for a birthday celebration for Daddy (3/1) and Uncle Charlie (Christina's brother 3/2). Daddy and Evan decided to get into Cole's toys and try out Evan's new Bumbo tray.

Evan tried to sing us a few tunes on Cole's Kid's Bop (at least I think that's what it's called). He had a little trouble with the microphone. He loved it though because the entire time, he was kicking and looking at the picture below.

That's Evan on TV! The Kid's Bop has a video camera type thing in it so the kiddies can watch themselves sing.

Cole, too cool to hold the guitar the right way.

Sporting the mohawk

After music time, the PS3 was broken out. Cole was all into the one player game he thought he was playing while Mike actually played the game behind him.

Today, Evan unwinds.


All in all, our short trip to Virigina was fun. It was quiet... We didn't have internet access and the cell phone service was patchy at times. We did get to see the town of Quinton where Grandma Ila lives, meet some of the people she goes to church with, and see Mechanicsville and Williamsburg. We made a quick trip back through Greenville on Friday evening to visit Mike's father and step-mom, Jackie, and came home. Mike missed our house, especially his bed since he only slept in it one night when he arrived home from Haiti, before we left again.

Our tax filing day was Saturday, and let me say that it's a good thing that Evan came in December instead of his due date in January. Unfortunately, Mike had to return to work today and I return full time back to work tomorrow. I finally have to adjust back to my old life with the addition of my almost 3 month old.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

tara, you seriously have the most gorgeous skin i have ever seen!
great pictures! it looks like it was a fun trip. i can't believe it's been almost 3 mos. since you had evan. and i would have loved that Kidz Bop thing. i almost bought one for myself, er,um, i mean, joe, of course. but you know, maybe another time. like for my 30th b-day coming up, or er joe's next b-day or whatever. ;)

Anonymous said...

and dang-that Charlie Cat is the biggest cat i have ever seen! wow! i just now noticed that as i looked through your pictures again!

Andrea said...

Whoa where was that bumbo/tray thing a few months ago when I could have used it? Glad y'all had a fun time and Evan looks like he is easy to travel with. Sorry you have to go back to work full time now, but keep blogging, okay?

Tara said...

Andrea - I'm loving the tray, and we just got it yesterday when we got back home. I know it just came out recently. I plan to keep blogging. Glad you introduced me to it.

Becky said...

I know, that cat is the size of a dog!!! And I would've loved that Bumbo thing too Andrea!

Tara--you guys get major points for taking a week-long road trip to visit great-grandma! You must have a heart of gold! I know she must've loved seeing her greet-grandson.

Chris said...

Tara, thanks for all those pics. Evan is really getting big. WOW. He's SO super cute. I'm bummed the BUMBO tray came out after I needed it. Maybe Linds would have liked it better. Oh well...next baby!
Charlie the cat was HUGE man. I'm sure he was missing his granny's warm lap since Evan was spending so much time there. I'm glad you guys were able to make that trip. When I saw that first pic I could have cried. I so wanted Lindsay to meet her great grandmama Cecile but she passed away Feb 28th a year ago. We would have been taking Lindsay to Canada had she still been alive. I know she is looking down on her though. You need to cherish those photos of her and Evan. Happy BELATED to Mike! See you at work!

Katy S. said...

Wow you made it there and back I am so proud. I know that D3 would not do as good as Evan did. We hope to make that trip in June or July. I had to steal some of your photos. Will you please add some to the snapfish pages? I am planning on making a big order soon and I need some of Evan Michael.

Tara said...

will do, I need to order some to send your grandmother

Bethany said...

Good luck going back to work. It may be hard, but trust me, it gets easier. Grandma Ila is too darn cute!!! I love Great Grandparents!! My grandmothe just turned 87 had just had her second great-great grandchild a few months ago!

I agree with Katie - you have perfect skin! And Charlie the cat looks bigger than Evan!!!

Glad y'all had a good trip.