Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Gimmie your money... please!

Each year, I usually walk or give to a few charities. I never ask anyone for money for these causes. This year, I am adding a great foundation to my list of charities and asking you to help. On May 5, 2007, I am going to meet up with my friends and blogger buddies, Andrea, Katie, and Becky and walk for a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. I have copied and pasted the information from my walker page to this post below. I encourage you to read about this disease and make a donation.

To encourage you to give a small something, some guy I don't even know, Eric Robinson, donated $100. Thanks Eric, whoever you are. I am going to give $50 myself in thanksgiving for my healthy Evan and the beautiful Elena (thanks Andrea for the picture) who fights this disease every day. Evan wanted to donate my last $3 cash to the cause too. I know there are a million great causes out there but if you can spare a small something for Cystic Fibrosis, I would greatly appreciate it.


From my walk page:

GREAT STRIDES is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's largest and most successful national fund-raising event. This year, I'm walking in the GREAT STRIDES walk at the 2007 Atlanta - Zoo Atlanta walk on 05/05/2007. Please help me meet my fund-raising goal of $250.00 by sponsoring me. Your generous gift will be used efficiently and effectively, as nearly 90 cents of every dollar of revenue raised is available for investment in vital CF programs to support research, care and education.


Making a donation is easy and secure! Just click this link to go to make a donation that will be credited to my team. Any amount you can donate is greatly appreciated!


Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a devastating genetic disease that affects tens of thousands of children and young adults in the United States. Research and care supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is making a huge difference in extending the quality of life for those with CF. However, we continue to lose precious lives to CF every day. That's why your help is needed now more than ever to ensure that a cure is found sooner - rather than later. To learn more about CF and the CF Foundation, visit http://www.cff.org/.


Together, we can make a difference in the lives of those with CF! Thank you for supporting the mission of the CF Foundation and GREAT STRIDES!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Look at that big ole grin on Big E's face with those benjamins in his hand!

Glad to have you walking alongside us. Um, seriously, a total stranger donated $100?

Tara said...

Yeah, I noticed it on the page tonight when I was linking. I haven't even sent out emails or anything. It shocked me but hey, it's for the cause.

Chris said...

Tara that is SO incredible. What a guy! By the way that was a great post and a DARLING pic of Evan. He's got the sweetest smile.
I'll swap donations with you at work this week. I'm getting there slowly with my March of Dimes raffle. You already have more than me thanks to your nice donor. :)
Good night

Becky said...

You guys are setting the bar high! I'm really going to have to get out there and shill for money!!! Time to get started I guess.

Anonymous said...

tara- i am so glad you are walking too! i can't wait to meet you! great idea you have here with the link!