Monday, March 12, 2007

My First Born Survey

I did this already on my myspace page and then Chris put it on her blog so here ya go:

Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born!


1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Excited, happy tears
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 27
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? home test
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Mike and Christina
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes
9. DUE DATE? Jan 7, 2007
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? No
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Nothing for the first 7 months, I didn't want to eat. At the very end, chocolate
12. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? extended family (sorry!)
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? no, I was going to take what I was given and hope he was healthy
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 20
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? nope, just had to go to the doctor all of the time because of my diabetes
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Northside Hospital (where I work and where I was born)
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? probably 30 if you count induction then the c-section but it was easy
20. WHO DROVE YOU THE THE HOSPITAL? Mike
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Mike
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? c-section I didn't want
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I had an epidural while induced then you have to get the good stuff for the c-section
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?? 7 lbs even
25. DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS?? nope
26. WHAT DAY WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ON? December 12, 2006
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Evan Michael
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 3 months today


OK mommies repost this as "MY FIRST BORN" :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty cool that you gave birth at the same hospital you were born in and you work in now. 30 hours of labor? that's crazy long,girl! glad you are all healed up now! :)
Happy 3mos.old to Evan today!

Tara said...

That's only if you count all of the induction but it was easy stuff with the epidural. Sometimes I feel guilty that I didn't give "true" birth.

Anonymous said...

girl, don't ever feel guilty. in my opinion you did give true birth. i did my first born survey. i'll put it up tomorrow i guess. it's not for the faint of heart. hehe :)

Bethany said...

Tara, I too was born at Northside and gave birth to Olivia there as well! Pretty neat! I hear you on the labor thing, but at least we have happy, healthy, beautiful kids!!!

Becky said...

Happy 3-month birthday to Evan! A great milestone!

Girl, you carried that boy for nine months and since he's come out, you have gotten up at least once every night with him. You have taken care of his needs round the clock and you have changed ten million poopy diapers. And you walked around with an open wound for God knows how long...you GAVE birth!

Chris said...

AMEN to what BECKY said!

HAPPY THREE MONTH BDAY EVAN!!
Love, Chris and Lindsay