Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Rachael Ray

I am totally obsessed with Rachael Ray, but I can't stand to watch her on TV. I'm weird, I know! I have Tivo'ed her daytime show and the first one was so annoying that I only made it through half. I am going to try and watch some more when I get bored. I can watch her 30 Minute Meals and Tasty Travels shows but after 30 minutes, I want to beat myself silly because I find her so irritating. With all this said, I have every one of her cookbooks, one of her Furi knives, a subscription to her magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, and now I want the new set of the Rachael Ray hard anodized cookware with the funky orange handles. I am trying to figure out the best way to save money on it though. I think I can use a Linens and Things coupon on it! I also think I might get the set for Christmas.

Keep in mind, Mike does MOST ALL of the cooking. I think my obsession with the 30 minute meals cookbooks is because I have little or no talent in cooking. I can bake you a wonderfuly tasty cake but that's about the extent of it. My brother, Jerry, tells me that I have bland taste though, because I'm diabetic, so that must be why I can't cook. I don't have the taste for seasonings and sauces.

Evan is helping me find my sweet tooth these last few days though, so maybe after pregnancy, I might get a little kitchen talent since I have expanded my diet with sugary things. I can't get enough chocolate! I have an appointment with the regular OB/GYN tomorrow. I can't wait to see how much weight I've gained. I don't think it's that much and my blood sugar is in control (even with the chocolate) so everything should be fine.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That's funny, I craved chocolate with David too. It was actually quite unusual for me too because I wasn't a die hard chocolate girl. It was definately Jason's side of the family...his grandmother used to have dessert after every meal including breakfast, and she was diabetic too!

Tara said...

Katie.. I'm glad I'm not the only one with the weird enjoyment/annoying thing!

Andrea.. I wasn't big big on chocolate before the last week or so.