Thursday, February 22, 2007

Oh, The Places You'll Go

Cole and Evan: Before their naps
After their naps

With Aunt Christina

For some reason I have Dr. Seuss on the brain. Over the past two days, Evan and I have toured Georgia. We of course start out in our lovely Lawrenceville and have been through Snellville, Conyers, and Covington to visit Christina and Cole. With Christina and Cole, we went through McDonough and Locust Grove to shop at the Tanger Outlets.

Today, we drove through Lawrenceville, Dacula, Bethlehem and Bishop, and in the counties of Barrow, Oconee, and Morgan. We also rode in the car with Andrea and David to Watkinsville. I didn't know half these places existed just a few years ago and didn't even know there was a Morgan county until today!


We drove out to Andrea and David's to visit today and saw their mansion in the woods (It's a mansion compared to my one level at least). We went and had a nice Italian lunch, took a walk, and played trains. We had a good time!


The countdown until Mike returns is down to 2 days. Really, he'll be home Saturday but it will be around 8 PM so that counts as a day. I am so ready for him to be home. Our days out and about have helped me get through since I don't get to talk to him on the phone and only get one email a day updating me on the progress of the entire 24 person team in Haiti. Shopping has helped too and I'm the last person that needs to buy more things. Now I'm off to bed only to wake in a few hours for a feeding, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures! Cole is adorable. Whenever you pass thru Snellville again, stop on by, girl! we'd love to see ya! glad you and andrea had a fun visit and i am glad you will get to see your husband again soon!

Tara said...

I asked Andrea yesterday where you lived since I had a feeling it was close to me. I'm about 4 miles from Discover Mills so the invite is likewise. We'll have to exchange info soon.

Becky said...

Love Cole's nap hair!!! We have that issue in this house too!

I'm sure the week has been tough for you, but I'm glad you've kept so busy. Glad Mike'll be home tomorrow.

Andrea said...

We enjoyed visiting with y'all and appreciate you making the drive to come see us! Next time we will have to take pictures!

Chris said...

Cute pics. Cole is getting so big! Love the "nap hair". Too funny.

Tara said...

Andrea-no prob on the pictures. We were both hot and a little tired after the walk. But definitely next time!