Friday, February 16, 2007

What'll Ya Have?





Today I took the day off of work and Mike and I took Evan out for a history lesson. First we went to the R.M.S. Titanic Exhibit at the Civic Center. It was neat to see all of the artifacts taken from the ocean floor and when you go in the exhibit, they give you a boarding pass with a passenger's name on it. At the end of the exhibit, you find out if your passenger lived or died. My lady was an actress in first class and she lived. Mike's guy was an orchestra player in second class and he went down with the ship. Mike told me that's how they coined the phrase, "and the band played on." I don't know if it's right or not but it sounds good to me. The exhibit wasn't as cool as the Bodies exhibit they had there last time but I learned a little something.

Afterwards, we took Evan to the famous Varsity. Granted, he slept most of the time after being awake during the entire Titanic Exhibit but he brought home a few souvenirs with him. Mike and I had a couple of servings of cholesterol and some Frosted Oranges. Evan got a hat and a straw.

Since we've been home, we have been packing Mike's bags for his trip to Haiti. Evan and I are taking him to the airport at 3:00 AM in the morning and then he will be back next Saturday evening. I will get a daily email update but probably won't get to talk to him. Please help me pray that he has a safe trip and returns home quickly to us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, i love these pictures, tara! that lil' one of yours is just the cutest thing!! he takes a great picture. sounds like y'all had a great day together. nothin' like a nekkid dog at the ole Varsity! i love the Varsity. I really need to take Joe one day. i will pray that your hubbie gets to Haiti safely!

Andrea said...

Great post! I will be praying for Mike. That Titanic exhibit sounds awesome!

Becky said...

I have heard that about the band on the Titanic--I think that is true. That's neat about your connection with the real passengers. That's great that your starting Even on "history lessons" so early. Let us know how he does on the quiz!!! ;)

Chris said...

Those pics are SOOO cute! Love those frosted oranges too.
Keep me posted on Mike. Let me know if you need anything while he's gone.

My prayers are with him that he gets home safely!

Bethany said...

Cute pics, Tara! He's growing so much! I'd love to see the Titanic exhibit, but I'm glad we missed Bodies. I don't think that I could handle seeing some of those exhibits! Yum, yum Organge Freeze.

Erin Kathleen said...

I love it, Tara. Classic Atlanta! I wish I could take Lana - if only for the hat!!