Friday, September 07, 2007

The New Babysitter

My brother, Jerry, really bailed us out today. I work full-time and sometimes Mike has a second job. Well, last night that second job called. They offered some good money but Mike had to be there at 1:30 PM. Jerry listening to my begging, pleading, and instructions and took over baby duty at 1:00 PM today. He watched Evan for about 3 hours, since I was a nervous wreck and came home a little early from work. I'll admit that I didn't know how my brother was going to manage an 8-month old. He has never taken care of a baby in his life and definitely never changed a diaper (which he didn't have to do today).

I give all the credit in the world and thanks to my brother for doing an excellent job babysitting. He even threw me a bone and called me to let me know that things were going great. He sucessfully fed Evan and put him in the swing for his nap. After Evan woke up, we took some pictures!

Thanks a million, Jerry! We owe you!







And to throw in a few extras from tonight....


Wired Evan


Sleepy Evan

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Chris said...

Good job Jerry. So glad all is well. That second pic of Jerry and Evan where they are looking at each other is really cute. I like the WIRED Evan pic too. That one made me laugh! Maybe Jerry can learn to change a diaper and he can give you and Mike a date night sometime!

Caron said...

What an awesome brother! I bet Evan had a blast with him. Love the smile in the 'craigs list special' That was a great purchase and his adorable grin proves it!

Andrea said...

Whoohoo! Its nice to know you have a backup babysitter now. I'm sure Jerry felt good about it too as they had some uncle/nephew bonding time.

Anonymous said...

Jerry rocks, girl. If i left Joe with my brothers for even a minute i would come home to find joe sportin' a mohawk and doing keg stands. Jerry did one fine job!!

Anonymous said...

I'm Katie's crazy friend. Just looking at all the blogs she looks at. Your son is so beautiful, Tara!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Cami! Glad you came to visit.

Tara said...

hmm, I'm anonymous

Katy S. said...

Brothers are great aren't they!

Heather said...

Way to go Jerry. It sucks having to find a last minute sitter, I'm glad it worked out. Hopefully all will go as well for us in a month when Ronny watches Elena.