Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Venting!

So it isn't bad enough that I work in insurance and contracts for bone marrow transplants all day at work! I don't understand why OB/GYN offices don't know how to check your benefits and not charge you an arm and a leg for a baby that I haven't even had yet. I fired my last OB/GYN's office because they would not refund my money after I met my out of pocket for the year. Today, I get home and have a nice letter asking me for $440, payable in 2 easy payments of $220 in September and in October. HELLO!!! I have met my out of pocket for the year. If I have to pay them more money this year, I will be completly broke. I already owe my insulin pump company over $1,000 for my new insulin pump. Sometimes, I wish I didn't have to go to 3 different doctors all the time and pay so much money. If I knew getting pregnant was going to make me broke, I would have waited until I won the lottery.

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Haha! I had a similar experience today at the allergist. Before I checked out they asked me to write them a check for 20% of the cost of the visit. (Last time I did this and J wasn't so happy...he said our insurance company will cut all those frivilous charges.) So this time I asked if they could send the info to our insurance company and mail us a bill. The clerk rolled her eyes at me and typed something in on the computer and told me I was free to go...NOT COOL!