Monday, January 15, 2007

2 More Weeks and Other Random Bits...

The offending outfit
My baby burrito after we got home

As I watch 24, Evan watches me


Today, I went to the doctor, again. The goal was to finally close up the wound that remains from my c-section. Evan conveniently woke up right before my doctor and the nurse came back in. The nurse ended up holding and feeding him while I got poked at and shot up with Lidocaine to numb the area so that I could get put back together. I was watching the nurse and my baby boy and talking about how tired I was, with that being the reason Evan was wearing a horrible ensemble. He was wearing his ultra cool Gap onesie that says "I Love Daddy" in blue, with red and white striped pants and a totally different color of blue socks. I was horrified with myself as I kept watching them and wincing in pain from the needle.

Eventually my wonderful doctor had my lower abdomen numb and tried to sew me up but I was bleeding too much (lucky me). She was concerned about closing it up too soon and said that we should give it another 2 weeks of the twice daily dressing changes and then see how things look. After that failed attempt, we went to her office and she asked me twice if I was getting enough sleep. I must have looked really rough today but it was sweet of her to ask and I really love Dr. Nezhat because she's so sweet and good to me, even when she pokes me with needles. Other that that, I'm cleared to live my life again, so now I can try to do a little bit of exercise since my 7 lb baby left my body almost 5 weeks ago and I've only lost 5 lbs, or gained 2 lbs, whichever way you want to look at it.

After I came home and Evan went back to sleep, I tackled cleaning and organizing his room again, for the 10th time. I'm still not done and don't know when I will be. I know Evan is a very loved baby because we have more clothes for him than Imelda Marcos has shoes. Some are new but most are hand-me-downs. Since Evan will never wear them all and Mike is going to Haiti towards the end of February on a Medical Mission trip, I put a lot of clothes in bags. Mike is going to take them to the poor people they help in Hinche, Haiti since they need them more than we do.

If I ever heal from this c-section and the lack of sleep, we will try again for another baby after Evan reaches the one year mark. As I remember the pain of the Lidocaine needle and c-section issues I have every 12 hours when my dressing is changed, it makes it hard to think about another baby. Then, as I look at his room and the mounds of clothes and toys, I think we need to have another boy to use all of this stuff again, but we want a girl next (in a perfect world!). If we have another boy next time, we will try a third time. I'm wondering if I'll make it that long. Right now, if I don't get a paycheck in the mail tomorrow (thanks MLK for no mail today), I won't be surviving for long. Work screwed up my paycheck for my leave and the check that I was supposed to get back on 1/5/07, still isn't here, but hopefully it will be tomorrow. I can only borrow so much money from our savings account to pay my bills. Hope you enjoyed my dose of drama for today! Who knew one person could have so much!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I still don't match David's socks quite right...most of the time I am just happy I got them on him! Sorry you are having some trouble with the wound healing and I will be praying for a smooth recovery from here on out.

Becky said...

Yikes, rough day...I thought Evan looked completely adorable, didn't mind the outfit at all!

Sweet of you to give your stuff to the poor! I saved all Patrick's stuff for Ben and then only used my favorite ten or twelve outfits all the time!

Anonymous said...

girl- i thought that outfit was adorable! i admire you for already thinking more babies! my son is already 3 and i still wince at the idea of having another! :)
good idea with what you are doing with all evan's clothes! very cool, man. i hope the wound heals very soon. and i loved the baby burrito!! too cute!