Saturday, January 06, 2007

Our First Date Night

Well..sorta. We dropped Evan off with my mom last night and went to church. The church was having a party for the Parish Leaders and since I run the wedding guild and skip all of the parish leadership meetings, I figured that we should attend. It was a lot of fun for the first couple of hours. The White Elephant game had 80 numbers in it though and it took forever. Best yet, I ended up with something shaped like a cheese block with cheese knives in it. I'm definitely taking it back to the party next year.

I talked to Fr. Jack at this party and played connect the dots on how we knew Andrea. It was a conversation starter but it worked! Fr. Jack even tried to throw his hat in the ring to do Evan's baptism. Overall, it was a good night. I would have liked the party to be shorter but it was a start on getting us out without Evan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey is that Fr. Jack Durkin you're talking about? that's the priest that married me and paul and baptized Joe! small world, ain't it,girl?
we are eating lunch with him tomorrow! i will tell him you said hey!
glad you got a nite out!
grandmas are the best..paul's mom used to let joe spend the nite with her once a week till joe was about 6 mos old so we could get a break..
needless to say, i lived for those nites!! :)

Tara said...

It is Fr. Jack Durkin. I attend St. Monica's and I remember him marrying Andrea and Jason. I had to ask Andrea when he started though. It's definitely a small world.

Anonymous said...

yeah, he was over at st.pius, which is where i went to highschool, before he came to st. monica's...he's a great guy, isn't it? his homiies are the best...i'll have to go to mass there soon...

Becky said...

My mom is really good friends w/ Fr. Jack also, and he dedicated my two boys to Mary...it is a small world!

Good for you for getting out without the baby--it helps!

Andrea said...

Yay I'm glad you talked to Fr. Jack. He can be a hoot to talk to. I'm also happy y'all got to get out of the house alone for a few hours. I'm sure it was a joy for mom to be with her grandson as well.