Monday, January 29, 2007

Updates

I went to the doctor this morning and we finally decided to close the good ole c-section wound up. I asked to avoid the Lidocaine shots and stitching and she did. Instead, I have nice little steri-strips. Here's hoping it works and I don't have to go back to packing the wound some more. Either way, I don't go back to the doctor until March! YAY!

Evan's baptism will not be before Lent. I'm disappointed and worked so hard to get things worked out but oh well. Between trips and our priest being transferred, things were just too difficult. I'm working on the week after Easter or by the first weekend in May. On Friday, I met Julie at Discover Mills and we traded out Evan's outfit for a larger baptismal gown. It's very boyish and has a onesie underneath. I was first opposed to the gowns but this one is nice. I'll post a new picture later.

Lastly, it's Katy's due date and no baby. Mike, Evan, and I are headed to Valdosta on Wednesday morning to visit with Katy and Derrick for a few days. If her baby boy decides to join us, that will be great.

I hope everyone else has had a good start to their week!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you have to wait so long to have him baptized : ( but your Road trip will make lots of new blogging material!

Becky said...

Girl, I can't believe you've been walking around with an open wound for like six weeks now! I just CANNOT wrap my head around that! Hope the healing goes well.

I had Ben in mid-November and it was all I could do to get him baptized before Lent. I think we got the last possible Sunday. It's a tight squeeze to get that all scheduled.

Tara said...

Arghhh.. I've been spamed. Nice!

Anonymous said...

haha! welcome to spam, tara! can't wait to hear about katy's baby!

Chris said...

How did you get spammed? That bites! Have a great trip to Valdosta if I don't talk to you!

Katy S. said...

I am glad you dave a date set. Derrick and I are looking forward to having the three of you down. Any requests for dinner, lunch, breakfast.....