Monday, January 08, 2007

Today, oh Today!

Today, I went to the doctor for what I thought was my post-partum appointment and wound follow-up. We have to dress my wound for yet another week but at least it is healing nicely, from what I'm told. I have no desire to look at it myself. I get to go back next Monday and hopefully, it can be sutured closed then.

Evan went with me today, as Mike is currently on a flight (his second job is as a flight medic). Evan was a doll baby as usual and made it through lots of handling at my office with my coworkers and a nice lunch with my friend, Chris, at work.

This afternoon, I got some disappointing news though... Mike's and my favorite priest, Fr. Chito, is being transferred to Christ the King. I called the church to schedule Evan's baptism and the secretary told me the bad news. Evan will still be baptised by Fr. Chito but it looks like it will be at Christ the King. I have to call him in a few weeks after he knows the baptism schedule at the Cathedral but we are planning on February 3 or 4. At least the Cathedral is beautiful and we can still have "our" priest baptise him. It saddens me, almost to tears, that our priest has to go. I knew it had to happen someday but Fr. Jack was only recently instilled as our pastor, less than a year ago. It just seems like too much change, too fast, but luckily, I'll live.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so jealous that fr. jack is your pastor! how awesome is that!? i wish he were still at st.john neumann- i remember being so bummed out when he left. he really is one of the greatest priests-we need more like him! :)
great pics of your ADORABLE Cole! wow-he's a good lookin' kid! and your sister is so cute!

Tara said...

We must have gone to St. John Neumann around the same time...still a small world! Christina isn't my sister, she's my cousin but most people think we're sisters so we usually go with it. Her mom and my mom were college roommates and came to the U.S. together and married brothers (my uncle and my dad). She'll be thrilled that you complimented her!

Becky said...

Sweet! I'm on your links! I'm putting you on mine too. Can I get your e-mail from Andrea? I need some advice from you now!

Tara said...

Becky..Andrea said she gave it to you. Not a problem!